Introduction (Read Before Continuing!)

Introduction!

  Welcome to my Plushie Blog!! Hello there, kind reader! Thank you for checking out my plushie blog, where I will talk about my different pl...

Friday, January 14, 2022

Introduction!

 Welcome to my Plushie Blog!!

Hello there, kind reader! Thank you for checking out my plushie blog, where I will talk about my different plushies and stuffed animals, how/when I obtained them, and more! Collecting stuffed animals and plushies is one of my main hobbies, one which can be a bit pricey but is very enjoyable for me. Through this blog I would like to share my love of them with all of you! 💕

This blog will mainly consist of me talking about my plushies (aka their names, how I got them, how long I've had them, etc.), but I may occasionally talk about other things going on in my collection, such as selling plushies that I don't want/need anymore or my thoughts on getting new ones.

About Me:

So I would like to keep my real name anonymous on the internet, but you can call me by my nickname, Bug! I'm an adult, 22 years old (as of writing this), and I've been collecting plushies for as long as I can remember. As a kid I always preferred plushies over dolls or action figures, and my love of plushies has never diminished over the years.

Other hobbies I have include playing piano (I'm a professional pianist), video games (mostly Super Mario but I also love Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Spyro, TF2, and Ace Attorney), drawing, caring for and training cats and dogs, biking, kayaking, interior design, collecting figurines, and collecting/researching old technology (mostly stuff from the 80s like CRT TVs, the NES, and the C64 computer).

My Plushies:

Most of the plushies I collect are Webkinz. I started playing in Webkinz World in June of 2008, and even today I occasionally check on my account. But while I'm not so interested in playing online anymore, I really love the stuffed animals that Ganz has made for their Webkinz line. Many of them, especially the ones made after their 4th or 5th year, are very well-made and feature a high level of detail. This is true for all their later plushies but it's especially true for their Webkinz Signature line, which is one of my favorites and I'll definitely talk about more in-depth in this blog. I'm actually still discovering new Webkinz to this day, and I'm always looking for really cool or cute ones to add to my collection.

Aside from that, I collect plushies from other brands as well, namely Aurora World, Douglas, Fao Schwarz, Uni Toys, and more. I'm a big fan of plushies that are realistic, or are at least made very well. I also hold all my plushies to a certain standard, namely that the stitching is not crooked, the feet and tush are weighted well, and it's soft to the touch. The Webkinz Signatures fit this description well, but I've found that other companies also produce some very nice quality plushies for an affordable price. One of my all-time favorite plushies is an Arctic Fox plush made by Uni Toys, which bears a great resemblance to the Webkinz Signature but costs significantly less (yes, I'm not a die-hard collector of a particular brand; I may love plushies but I'm not crazy enough to shell out $200+ for a plush when I could get a similar one for $30 lol).

Lastly, you may notice that a large chunk of my collection consists of foxes. Well, foxes are one of my favorite animals, next to cats, raccoons, and red pandas! I have a particular obsession with fox plushies, so I have quite a few (as of writing this intro I have at least 6-7, and I have another coming very soon).

As A Side Note:

One thing to be aware of with me is that I am autistic. I don't like to use functioning labels, and I embrace autistic traits which make me unique as an individual. That includes me getting personal with my plushies, talking about how they affect my mental health and make my life better, and treating them as if they're my friends. I am aware of what is and is not socially acceptable, but I tend to think for myself and decide what I like based on my own preferences, not those of society. I think that if someone likes something as harmless as stuffed animals then it should not be discriminated on. In other words, please don't bring any negativity or judgment here! This blog is meant for me to spread my love of plushies and I would like to keep this a positive, judgment-free environment.


So enough of all that intro stuff, let's jump into some blogs! I obviously haven't written my first true entry as of posting this, but I will be posting one soon (hopefully)!

No comments:

Post a Comment