Introduction (Read Before Continuing!)

Introduction!

  Welcome to my Plushie Blog!! Hello there, kind reader! Thank you for checking out my plushie blog, where I will talk about my different pl...

Friday, May 6, 2022

Blog #17: Yahoo! Mr. Mario is here!

 Welcome back to my plushie blog! I'm gonna be starting a mini-series today, talking about all of my Super Mario plushies! 

So I'm a big fan of the Super Mario series (and it's actually one of my special interests)! I have been since around 2010-2011, when I finally got a chance to play Super Mario 64 for the first time since I was a wee tot. I have a ton of merchandise, from plushies, to figurines, to home decor, to blankets, and so much more! Since I'm so fond of plushies (if it isn't obvious by the fact that I have an entire blog dedicated to them lol) I would like to write some entries to talk all about my Super Mario plushies, how/when I got them, and why they're so special to me!

The first one I'll talk about here is a plushie which I have had since early 2013: [in Chris Pratt's voice] it's-a me, a-Mario!


So this started to become one of my special interests when I was about 11-12 years old. Around 2011 my dad got me and my brother an NES, SNES, and N64, which he bought from a co-worker. I remembered playing these consoles when I was a wee lad so I wanted to jump back into it. With that, I became infatuated with Super Mario 64 (which is, to this day, still my favorite game of all time) and the series as a whole. I tend to like things that are cartoon-y and cute (but not overly cute), and these games fit that criteria perfectly! So this is one of those special interests that hasn't faded away to any extent, I loved it dearly back in 2011 and I still love it dearly in 2022.

Around that same time, I had a few friends who liked to do whatever it was that I was doing, and liked whatever I liked. Because of that, they both liked Super Mario stuff as well. At one point, one of my friends had gotten this same plushie and a blanket from Meijer, and when I found out about it I had to get one for myself. So 13 year old me bought this really big Mario plushie for $20 back in 2013. As a kid I didn't have a whole lot of merch, because the only money I had came from my parents and my parents were often broke (plus, even as a kid, I was "ashamed" of my interests because of how I used to hyperfixate on them, so I didn't talk about them to my parents very much), so getting this plush was a huge deal to me back then. To this day I always have him sitting on my bed with a few other plushies (namely Sterling, a Spongebob plush, my thwomp plush, and a blue bunny) and he's very cozy to curl up with in my bed. 💕

Nine years later, I have a ton of Super Mario merchandise, but I'll always remember this plushie as being a representation of my long-time, undying love for the series!


No comments:

Post a Comment