Introduction (Read Before Continuing!)

Introduction!

  Welcome to my Plushie Blog!! Hello there, kind reader! Thank you for checking out my plushie blog, where I will talk about my different pl...

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Blog #16: Evelynn the Red Fox (Webkinz Signature)

 Evelynn the Webkinz Small Signature Red Fox


Name: Evelynn
Gender: Female
Obtained: Dec 2021

Background: I got this plushie right around the same time I got the Webkinz Spotted Spaniel, and it came from Mercari as well. With shipping, the total came to about $22. I remember, many years ago, when one of my friends had this plush. I remember liking it a lot, and I'm not really sure why I never got it as a kid. The only thing I can figure is that it wasn't in any nearby stores, and my parents very rarely bought stuff like this for me online. I actually don't see it listed online very much, and the ones that are listed are either too expensive or they're in poor condition. This one seemed reasonable to me, so I got her.

I've been skeptical about buying this plushie in the past because, while this is a very nicely made fox plushie, what always seemed to get me was the tail. Part of the reason why I love foxes is because of their brush tails, and how they're so fluffy and bushy. This fox's tail is quite small/slim in proportion to her body. But this plushie gets everything else right, notably the coloring. Oddly enough, it's difficult to find really well made fox plushies like this; I've found that it's quite difficult to get plushies from Uni Toys unless it's listed on Amazon, or you actually live in Germany (or somewhere in Europe), and many other high quality red fox plushies I've found are sold out or are no longer available. I figured I would settle for this one, despite having a smaller tail, as if she were a young fox kit (which I don't actually have a problem with, it's just one of my little nitpicks).

The only other bad thing about her is, because she's a Webkinz small signature, she's smaller than all my other regular sized plushies. She's about the same size as Ben and my regular Webkinz, and she's significantly smaller than Alex. Although I usually don't worry about plush sizes too much, I always say bigger is better. But the nice thing about her being so small is that she fits perfectly in my backpack when I go places for long periods of time, and I actually take her with me quite often for this reason. So despite all the things I think could be improved with her, I value her very much as one of my fox plushies.

Personality and Other Stuff: Evelynn is very kind-hearted and caring, but she often gets too involved in the personal lives of others and often gives unsolicited advice. She tends to annoy people with this habit, but she thinks she's being genuinely caring and is quick to apologize for her wrongdoings. She knows that Alex really likes her, but she seems to lead him on a lot and not say anything about how she truly feels. She's not sure if she likes him back, but she values their friendship so she keeps that a secret. She's best friends with Coco Sakura, and they enjoy spending time together by sitting on the couch, watching tv, and gossiping about others.

Fun Fact: Despite the fact that Alex and Evelynn are two totally different sizes, I still see them as being basically the same age/size when I draw them together. Like I said before, I don't worry much about plush sizes since I can choose how big /tall they are when I draw them, though it is kinda weird to have Evelynn sitting next to Alex, who is easily twice her size in plushie form.


No comments:

Post a Comment