Introduction (Read Before Continuing!)

Introduction!

  Welcome to my Plushie Blog!! Hello there, kind reader! Thank you for checking out my plushie blog, where I will talk about my different pl...

Monday, January 17, 2022

Blog #6: Whitney the Arctic Fox (Webkinz)

 Whitney the Webkinz Arctic Fox


Name: Whitney
Gender: Female
Obtained: Dec 2020

Background: The Webkinz Arctic Fox was released either in April 2009 or April 2010, for some reason I can't find a definite source on this. I believe it was 2010. Anyways, I remember one of my friends having this plushie, and despite the fact that it had backwards fur (as most of these guys do), I really liked it and I wanted one for myself. Unfortunately I never did get one as a kid, it wasn't until much, much later, in December of 2020, when I found one at Goodwill by some stroke of luck. I quickly snatched her up, and she's now one of my favorite plushies that I own.

I tend to play favorites with fox plushies because, as I've mentioned before, they're one of my favorite animals. To be honest, they might be tied with cats for my favorite ever. This plush, despite also having backwards fur like my friend's plushie had all those years ago, is in decent condition; I can tell it's been played with, but not so much that the fur is gross, matted, and/or discolored. But this plush is made very well, and I always appreciate fox plushies with floofy tails, since so many plush makers seem to forget that most foxes have really bushy tails. She's all I could really ever ask for in a Webkinz arctic fox plush, and getting her for 50 cents from Goodwill is a hell of a deal. Someday hopefully I can have the virtual version as well, so that she and Vixen can share living quarters and be friends in the virtual world.

Personality and Other Stuff: Whitney is best friends with Vixen, and she secretly would love to date her but Vixen isn't interested in any kind of serious relationship. So instead she treats her like a queen any chance she can. Whitney loves to dress up, much like Marley does, except Whitney is also quite boastful and loves to hear people talk about how beautiful she is. She has a tendency to be self-absorbed but her friends, especially Vixen, keep her in check. She spends much of her time doing stuff with makeup and clothes, and she hopes to be a model someday. Aside from this, she has a hidden side which enjoys the great outdoors, and this side generally only comes out when she's with Vixen.

Fun Fact: This arctic fox is actually named after the arctic wolf of the same name from the Animal Crossing series. Years ago when my friend got her arctic fox, she asked for a name and I told her to name it Freya after the pink wolf from Animal Crossing (as a kid I always imagined Freya and Whitney being close friends), though looking back now that didn't make a whole lot of sense. But as far back as 2010 I said I would name my arctic fox Whitney, and when I finally got her years later I did just that!


No comments:

Post a Comment