Introduction (Read Before Continuing!)

Introduction!

  Welcome to my Plushie Blog!! Hello there, kind reader! Thank you for checking out my plushie blog, where I will talk about my different pl...

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Blog #12: Alex the Red Fox (Wild Republic)

 Alex the Red Fox

Name: Alex
Gender: Male
Obtained: September 2021

Background: I got this plushie because I wanted a big red fox to go with my arctic fox Dakota. What I got was this guy, he's a heck of a lot taller than Dakota and despite being stuck in a seated position he's actually made quite well. I was a bit skeptical at first since Wild Republic is known for making decent but somewhat cheap plushies. To be fair, though, these toys are designed for children and they do a very good job at representing whatever animal they're supposed to be. 

Anyways, this fox isn't quite as nice as my Uni Toys arctic fox. His fur is reminiscent of the more stringy fur of the regular Webkinz red fox, and he's not particularly realistic (though I do appreciate that they got the coloring correct and didn't skimp out on the black feet/ears or white-tipped tail). But honestly none of that even really matters. To me, a plushie is made well if it 1. looks (at least) very similar to the animal it's supposed to be, and 2. if it's able to be played with without getting messed up easily. While I love my more realistic arctic fox, I have to say his playability is much less than this plushie's playability. This plushie is perfect for cuddling and for any child who loves to play with stuffed animals like I used to. I feel like he can withstand lots of adventures and still look just as cute as the day he came home. He may not be my favorite anymore (that place has been taken by Sterling) but he's still worthy of all the love I can give him.

Personality and Other Stuff: Alex isn't necessarily high-class but he still acts like a gentleman around everyone, especially the girls. Everyone loves him because he's generally a very nice and easy-going person. He treats everyone with respect, unless they've wronged him or someone he cares about, and he's a pro at remaining calm and cool even in tough situations. He doesn't like to lie so he always tells the truth, even if it might hurt someone. He is secretly somewhat of a nerd and loves playing video games.

Fun Fact: This plushie is named after my best friend whom I've known for almost 5 years (similar to how Zoe is named after an old friend of mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment