Introduction (Read Before Continuing!)

Introduction!

  Welcome to my Plushie Blog!! Hello there, kind reader! Thank you for checking out my plushie blog, where I will talk about my different pl...

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Blog #10: Juniper the Arctic Hare (Webkinz Signature)

 Juniper the Webkinz Signature Arctic Hare


Name: Juniper
Gender: Female
Obtained: Jan 2022

Background: I'm not even gonna lie, I'm kinda surprised that I got this plushie. This was one that I didn't know existed until fairly recently; it was originally released in January of 2013, long after I had officially stopped collecting Webkinz on the regular. It was also one that I never planned on buying before. I don't know exactly what made me think of it. It might be the fact that, in terms of appearance and design, the arctic hare is quite similar to the arctic fox, and yet the arctic fox happily sits at over $200 in value, whereas this poor hare rarely sells for more than $20. In a way, I kinda felt bad for it. This particular one costed me $15, and that's surprisingly cheap for such a beautiful plushie. 

I know that the arctic fox is very different from the arctic hare, but if you can't afford the fox then this honestly may be the next best thing. It has the same kind of fur (same color, even, though of course they're both animals of the arctic) and, as all Webkinz Signatures are, it's made very well. I especially like the dark tips on her ears, though I wish they were darker like an actual arctic hare's ears (oddly enough, I had a difficult time finding arctic hare plushies on Mercari that had black-tipped ears, I've only seen a few on Ebay). But besides all those details, I need to mention that this has to be one of the most cuddly plushies I own. She isn't perfect in quality, she's obviously used, but she's still very soft, so I can hold her and I don't feel like I'm gonna mess up her fur. In that sense she's actually better than my arctic fox; I don't handle him often because he's still pretty new and I want to keep his fur looking nice. With this plush it doesn't really matter, so I enjoy handling her quite a bit. 

So even though I didn't originally plan on buying this plushie, she is easily one of my favorites now. She's one of the few that I like to keep by my pillow at night, along with Dakota, Zephyr, Marley, Benjie and Sterling. I think she's found her new forever home! :)

Personality and Other Stuff: Juniper is very outdoorsy and athletic. She loves playing sports, though she doesn't watch sports much, since she prefers to participate. She's often called a "chatty cathy" because she loves to talk, and she'll talk about almost anything. She is best friends with Dakota and Zephyr, and all three like to go on hikes when it's cold outside (and especially when it's snowy). Juniper is always up doing something, she does not like the laid-back lifestyle as she has tons of energy to burn. Despite her athleticism, she has somewhat of a figure since arctic hares are known for retaining body fat to protect from cold weather. She doesn't seem to mind, though.

Fun Fact: Juniper has noticed that Zoe has a crush on Zephyr so they have a somewhat heated relationship. Juniper is very protective of her friends, and she doesn't want anyone to "steal" them away from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment